Team Manager - Course Configuration
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
1: TIN CAN COURSE
You should now be at the 1: Tin Can Course tab and to begin to configure the course options.
- Tin Can CourseID (required) This is the course ID pulled from the uploaded file. Leave this as is, do not change it.
- Course Title (required) This is what will show up as the course title in the Training Queue and under courses and will be used for reporting. The name will be input from the uploaded file; however, you can change or reword it.
- Description (optional) Add a description of the course content or goals. This description will appear in the Courses tab and is searchable there.
- Category (optional) Add the content to a category. This will allow members to filter content in the Training and Courses tabs. Categories can be added, changed, and deleted under Settings from the main navigation, then Categories. See the tutorial on Team Manager Settings Overview for more information on setting these categories.
- Tags (optional) Enter keywords to associate with the course. These are searchable in the Courses tab.
- Certified Select whether this course is a certification. Certification allows you to put in how many days the certification is good for and how many days before expiration the member will have access to re-certify in the course. For example, a certification that is good for a year that you want someone to have access to re-certify 30 days before expiration would be good for 365 days and start to re-certify after 335 days.
- Points Points to be awarded when this course is completed or passed. This field will only be available if you have enabled gamification.
- Levels Allows you to control access to courses. The minimum level is the minimum level the employee must be at for the course to display in their Training and in the Courses tab. The level after completing is the level the employee will be at once finished with the course. A minimum level is required. See the tutorial on Setting Team Manager Settings Overview for more information on setting these levels.
- Email Results Turn on to have an email sent to the team email address whenever an employee finishes the course. The email will have the username, course completion, score, and questions and answers where applicable. This makes it easy to stay on top of who has completed training and for managers to review answers with employees.
Click the Save Course Information button to continue. The 2: Assignments tab will now be available...
You are now ready to set assignments.
- Click the 2: Assignments tab to view assignment options.
- Select a Group Name from the drop-down (See the article Groups: Adding & Managing for more information on Groups)
- Click the toggle buttons to turn on/off the course from being available in the Training or Courses tab for Members or managers. (Manager courses applies to any Member with MMT/MAMT or Admin access.)
- Click Save Assigned Groups
The selections here dictate how the course and data displays on the Tracking tab on the main navigation. It is recommended to click the Show Sample button to help understand how these settings impact the tracking view. In addition, see the article on Team Manager: Tracking Overview for more information.
- Click on the 3: Tracking tab
- Select the Tracking Group. This is the group under Employee on the Tracking page. Additional information will then be made available.
- Select the remaining tracking settings:
- Tracking Column name - The name of the display column and should be short.
- Course Type – Choose how to track course completion, either as Completed (to record completed/incomplete) or Graded (to record a score). If the course has a quiz and you want to record a score, the settings in the course itself must be set to track quiz results AND Graded must be selected here.
- Tracking Column – Where in the column order this course will be displayed.
- Click Save Tracking Information
These are all optional settings. These are links that you can use anywhere, including in PlayerLync, to take a Member directly to this course. The QR codes can be used with the QR code reader in the PlayerLync app to take a Member directly to the course or a list of Members who have taken the course. These can then be posted in your team/location for easy access to relevant course content at the time of need.
- Click on the 4: QR Code & Links tab.
- Add or change any information.
- Copy Link - Click to copy the link if you want to use it elsewhere.
- Title or Desc – Titles and descriptions for the QR Codes that will display when these are printed.
- Allow Manager and above to print this QR Code - Click Yes if you want the Team to be able to print either of these codes from the Team tab (additionally, the QR codes option must be enabled from Settings from the main navigation, then Global Settings for them to do this). (See the article Team Manager: Admin Settings for more information)
- Print QRCodes – Print just the codes for this course yourself
- Click the Save QRCode Information
5: COURSE SETTINGS
Note that the 5: Course Settings tab will only be available after tab 3: Tracking settings have been input.
- Click the 5: Course Settings tab.
- Enter the following information:
Course Due Date (optional)
Enter a specific due date for this course to be completed.
Dynamic Due Date (optional)
Enter a due date based on each Member's start date. Their start date is the date they are input into the system.
Display Order in Queue (optional)
Enter a numeric value indicating the order in which the course will appear in each Member's queue.
Training Queue Content Dependency (optional)
Select another course or form which must be completed before this course can be taken.
Email Certificate to Location (optional)
If a certificate of completion has been configured, select to email a copy to the default team email address. There must be a team email address on file for this to work.
- Course Due Date (optional)
- Click Save Tin Can Options to continue. Your course will now be assigned and available per the course settings.
On this page