Video Compression/Transcode Requirements
Publishing video to the Admin Portal
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
VIDEO COMPRESSION REQUIREMENTS:
When a video file is published in the Admin Portal, it does not get automatically set for compression. There are certain requirements that a video file must have in order to be set to be compressed. First of all, there exist two types of transcoding flags: REQUIRED and RECOMMENDED. Here is what sets the following statuses:
For a video to be set REQUIRED, any of the following must be true:
- video file extension is not mp4
- mp4 video compression type is not "h264"
- video audio compression type is not "aac"
For a video to be set RECOMMENDED, any of the following must be true:
- video frame rate is greater than 30 fps
- mp4 has a bitrate greater than 3000kbps (or 5000kbps for 360 video)