How to create videos with closed captions
Adding subtitles to videos
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Name your MP4 file exactly how you want it to appear in the app. Once you upload the video it should not be renamed to ensure the bundle’s integrity.
- Name your VTT file the same name as the MP4.
- At the end of the VTT file name append a hyphen and the language short code of the Closed Caption. The language short code must be in lower case.
- The language short code must follow the ISO 639-2 standard. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-2_codes
- You may add multiple VTT files for each language
- Here is an example of the files:
- Upload the video file into the Admin Portal
- Upload the VTT files into the Admin Portal
- The individual VTT files will not appear in the app.
- You will know this process worked if you see a Closed Caption icon in the bottom right of the video player.