Admin - Publishing - Web Links
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
PUBLISHING WEB LINKS
There are 3 unique ways to give users the ability to access a specific website through the PlayerLync app.
|Intranet Links||The Intranet module delivers a location inside the PlayerLync app where website links are presented to members in a graphical layout. These links are configured by an administrator and can be presented to members differently depending on many variables. Intranet will be accessible via the main app navigation bar.|
|Web Links||These unique pieces of content are created in the Publishing area and will act like any other piece of content. You can adjust properties on the file as well as do things like copy and paste the file as needed. On the app, the these links will appear inline with your content just like any other file.|
|Navbar Links||Need to provide your members a more direct and static link to a specific website? These links are created in the same manner as a Web Link, though on the app these links live at the bottom of the screen on the main app navigation bar.|
Note: There may be licensing requirements associated with one or more of the above outlined tools. Please check with your Customer Success Manager to learn more.
- Select the desired org from the org tree on the left
- Navigate to the Content tab and drill down to the location where you want the link to reside
- Using the globe icon menu in the top right, select Create Web Link
- Enter values for all the required fields
Web Link Display Name - Enter the name of the link and what will be displayed on the app
Web Link URL - Enter the website address
- Webview Options
In App - When tapped, the website will load inside the PlayerLync application browser
External Browser - When tapped, the device's default browser will open and load the website
- In App - When tapped, the website will load inside the PlayerLync application browser
Allow Browser Navigation Bar - When set to Allowed, the end-user will be able to use the address bar to go to other websites.
- Web Link Display Name - Enter the name of the link and what will be displayed on the app
- Click Save
- If needed, you are now able to right-click the new web link to view file properties and adjust regular file options such as publish and delete scheduling, tags, or group access limits.
Note: Should the need arise, you can copy and paste or move the link elsewhere in the tree.