Admin - Publishing - Intranet Links
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
PUBLISHING INTRANET LINKS
There are 3 unique ways to give users the ability to access a specific website through the PlayerLync app.
|Intranet Links||The Intranet module delivers a location inside the PlayerLync app where website links are presented to members in a graphical layout. These links are configured by an administrator and can be presented to members differently depending on many variables. Intranet will be accessible via the main app navigation bar.|
|Web Links||These unique pieces of content are created in the Publishing area and will act like any other piece of content. You can adjust properties on the file as well as do things like copy and paste the file as needed. On the app, the these links will appear inline with your content just like any other file.|
|Navbar Links||Need to provide your members a more direct and static link to a specific website? These links are created in the same manner as a Web Link, though on the app these links live at the bottom of the screen on the main app navigation bar.|
Note: There may be licensing requirements associated with one or more of the above outlined tools. Please check with your Customer Success Manager to learn more.
Select the desired org from the org tree on the left
- Navigate to the Content tab and drill down to the location where you want the link to reside
Intranet Links can only be published under Organization and not under Member or Group
It is recommended to create one folder to store all of your Intranet links for faster location and management. As long as you do not publish any other type of content in this folder, the folder and it's contents will not display anywhere in the app other than the Intranet module.
- Intranet Links can only be published under Organization and not under Member or Group
- Using the globe icon menu in the top right, select Create Intranet Link
- Enter values for all the required fields
Intranet Link Display Name - Enter a name for the link that will be displayed under the icon within the Intranet module in the app
Intranet Link URL - Enter the website address
Change Icon - Use this tool to select an icon for the link from a predefined list; or upload your own icon for the link.
Display Order - This will determine what order the icon appears in the Intranet module in the app in relation to other Intranet Links.
- Change Icon - Use this tool to select an icon for the link from a predefined list; or upload your own icon for the link.
- Intranet Link Display Name - Enter a name for the link that will be displayed under the icon within the Intranet module in the app
- Click Save
- If needed, you are now able to right-click the new web link to view file properties and adjust regular file options such as publish and delete scheduling, tags, or group access limits.