Virus Policy Description
policy outlines procedures for preventing virus infestation
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
VIRUS POLICY DESCRIPTION
STATEMENT OF POLICY
All computers connected to PlayerLync network shall have anti-virus software installed and regular operating system updates performed. Further, all client servers shall have antivirus software and monitoring.
This rule is designed to help prevent infection of PlayerLync computers, networks, and technology systems by computer viruses and other malicious code. This rule is intended to help prevent damage to user applications, data, files, and hardware.
All staff as well as vendors servers, will be subject to the provisions of this rule. Any other parties, who use, work on, or provide services involving PlayerLync computers, networks, and technology systems will also be subject to the provisions of this rule.
- All computer devices connected to the PlayerLync network or networked resources shall have anti-virus software installed and configured so that the virus definition files are current, routinely and automatically updated. The anti-virus software must be actively running on these devices.
- All computers owned by PlayerLync staff must have the most recent version of Sophos anti-virus installed.
- All PC's and MacOS devices are to be configured such that they schedule regular operating system updates as provided by the vendor.
- All files on computer devices will be scanned periodically for viruses.
- If deemed necessary to prevent propagation to other networked devices or detrimental effects to the network or data, an infected computer device may be disconnected from the PlayerLync network until the infection has been removed.
- Exceptions to this rule may be allowed if a computer device cannot have anti-virus software installed. Possible examples of this would be vendor-controlled systems, or devices where anti-virus software has not yet been developed. In these cases, plan must develop to protect the device from infection.
- An exception may be granted if an infected computer device is discovered that performs a critical function and may not be immediately taken off-line without seriously impairing some critical business function. Under those circumstances, a plan will be developed to allow the computer device to be taken off-line and the infection purged while protecting the function of the device.
PlayerLync runs Sophos Endpoint Security anti-virus/anti-malware with artifical intellegence software on all client servers as part of Hosting fees [details here]. Further, all PlayerLync computers run Sophos EndPoint Protection.