Tincan Tips and Tricks Matrix
Supported Formats and Devices
- We recommend not adding an “Exit” button in your courses.
- Ensure HTML5 output has to be checked when exporting the course from your editor.
- Do NOT check Mobile Player for iOS and Android, as this will cause inconsistent results with the player.
- Output has to be in ZIP format and as a Tin Can or commonly called xAPI.
- When creating a course the Course IDs of the Tin Cans have to be unique. If multiple Tin Cans have the same course ID then all those Tin Cans will show up under the same course and tracking column when users complete any of the matching CourseID Tin Cans.
- Broken links to external content within Tin Cans. Changing "_blank" to "_self" fixes known link issues with links to external sites not opening. This usually requires finding the link within the Tin Can after it has already been exported.
- Save/Resume Player settings must enabled/disabled depending upon how they want the experience to be.
- Ensure a trigger is added to send the results. It may be best practice to send this trigger on the transition from the 2nd to last slide to the last slide.
- Another option to sending the results trigger is having is sent on the number of slides viewed. So once 19/20 of the total slides is viewed the results will be submitted to PlayerLync
- Name the slides with unique names so the progress can be tracked. It is preferred to change the slide name from “Untitled Slide” to something appropriate to the content on that slide
Ensure a trigger is added to send the results. It may be best practice to send this trigger on the transition from the 2nd to last slide to the last.
How to Publish Adobe Captivate for PlayerLync
- Publish to Computer
- Choose HTML
- do not chose scalable content, uncheck that box
- More -> eLearning Output
- Enable Quiz Reporting
- Choose Other Standard LMS
- Quiz -> Reporting -> Choose xAPI
- Edit Course ID under Quiz Settings (each course will require a unique course ID in order to be read correctly)
On this page