PlayerLync Sync Best Practices
SYNC BEST PRACTICES
PlayerLync works by downloading content from the server to your organization's devices through a synchronization process over the internet or your local network (depending on your setup). In order for users to receive all the latest content on their device, it will need to be communicating regularly the your PlayerLync server.
Many PlayerLync customers choose to publish files at the end of the day or during off-hours. This is so content has a chance to download prior to the users showing up in the morning. Please ensure the following is in place to have your organization's devices receive downloads as expected.
- Make sure the device is powered on (PlayerLync also recommends making sure the device is plugged in to power to ensure the battery doesn't drain overnight and hit the low-power threshold)
- Make sure the PlayerLync app is running in the background or the foreground
- Make sure the device has access to WiFi and that your internet connection is functioning as expected
With the above items in place, your devices should connect on a regular basis and sync with your PlayerLync server. If you find your devices are not connecting or downloading content as expected, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or PlayerLync Support.
Important Notes Regarding Low-Power Mode:
- Apple has a feature called Low-Power Mode on the iPad. When the device dips below 20% battery remaining it will prompt the user with a message asking if the user would like to enable Low-Power Mode. This will turn off the WiFi and stop any active downloads until the device regains access to the server.
- If the user taps CANCEL on this prompt, the device will continue to download until it hits 10% at which point it will prompt the user again for Low-Power Mode. The user can once again turn on Low-Power Mode or tap cancel.
- If the device is asleep when it hits the 20% threshold and no one is there to tap the cancel option, the device will automatically turn off the WiFi and stop any active downloads.
On this page