Admin Portal - Groups - Creating & Managing
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Groups are a collection of members you set up for the purposes of giving them access to certain content in the PlayerLync app. Groups are universal to the primary organization, and not tied to any specific sub-organization. Members can belong to as many groups as you like, or to none.
CREATING A GROUP
- While on any Org level in your tree, click on the Groups tab
- Click the + button to add a new group
- Give the group a name and description (both required fields)
NOTE - The name of the group will be visible in the address book if you are using the PlayerLync Messaging module. All members will have the ability to message the group. The description field is not visible anywhere in the app, so it can be used to enter the name of the person managing the group or for another purpose.
You will need to add members to your group as well as publish content to the group before members will be able to see associated group content in the PlayerLync app.
ADDING MEMBERS TO A GROUP
- Open the group you wish to modify by selecting it from the list
- Click the link on the right "Modify Members in this Group"
- On the right you will see a list of all the members actively in that group. On the left you will see all available members. Click the names of the members you wish to add to the group then click ADD (you can add multiple at a time using the shift or ctrl buttons on your keyboard)
Note - you will only see the members that reside at the organization level you’ve selected in the Org Tree, so ensure that you’ve selected the correct org level. You may also select Include Sub-Orgs to see all the members at the org level you’ve selected (and below).
- Click done.
Note - You can use the same abilities to remove members from groups.